What would summer be without baseball? Jason has been playing since May on his little league team. They had a rough start to the season without many wins, but they've improved immensely and after their final game tomorrow night they will be either 5th place or 8th place in the city.
It was great last week because my parents were able to watch him play a couple games. On Tuesday they did really well and at the start of the last inning they were ahead by 17 points. I was surprised to see Jason walk out to the pitchers mound. I have to say having your kid pitching is pretty nerve racking. He did a great job though. He struck one batter out, walked one batter and got two outs on base, one that he threw out at first. I could tell he was nervous though because he kept taking deep breaths.
I was glad he did so well. I think if I could get him to practice pitching at home he might get to pitch a lot more next year since his team's pitchers are mostly the older boys that will be moving up next year, but he needs to build up his strength and accuracy for sure. Here's hoping he wins tomorrow!

0 comments:
Post a Comment