Last week we went to a paint your own ceramics store for a Mom and me day. It was an interesting experience and it took WAY longer than I ever thought it would to paint two things. We made Father’s Day gifts there. One for Daddy and one for Grandpa. We went with all of our cousins on Daddy’s side of the family. We all went in on a big platter that the kids made for Grandpa. I think it turned out really cute. My kids made a bowl for Jason—they are old enough that they did it all themselves including designing it.
Liam cheesing for the cameraEmily working hard to get Dad’s gift just right
Jason isn’t usually into this kind of thing, but he really seemed to enjoy it. He got the letters all ready to put on the outside of the bowl and he was very particular about how he painted it (REALLY not like him—he’s a gitter done quick kid).
This is Em painting the base color onto Grandpa’s platter. She chose yellow. She was done with her part of the bowl and all the rest of the kids were still working on their masterpieces (except for Liam who lasted about 15 minutes before he started running around the store and chasing Brooklyn…it’s a miracle they didn’t break anything) so she took care of it for us. Jason wrote happy father’s day 2010 on the back for us. Normally he has atrocious handwriting, but for some reason writing with that little paint bottle wasn’t hard for him at all.
Liam was one of the last handprints on the platter. We only got one other picture of handprints going on the platter and I think my sil would kill me if I put it on here (by this time we’d been there for a couple hours and EVERYONE including Mom’s were ready to go). So, we left them there to be fired and I went to pick them up earlier this week. I think they all turned out super cute and when I have a chance I’ll have to take a quick picture of our creations to add to this post. For now I gotta run get a few more things done for Girls camp. We leave on Mon. I hope I survive!
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Color Me Mine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I'm so glad you guys ended up going and doing this. I really wanted to go.
Post a Comment