CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

turkey

It seems like a bit of a miracle that our Thanksgiving meal turned out at all…we had a few small hiccups in our preparations.  First, the Turkey wasn’t fully defrosted and then I forgot to put the yeast in the roll dough.  Who does that??  Apparently I do.  Thankfully putting my instant yeast in even after it has “raised” for awhile still worked and the rolls actually turned out just fine.  We were also able to get the Turkey defrosted too…at least that one wasn’t my responsibility.  Smile  So, the meal turned out very tasty and we had a nice visit with  my brother, his wife and kids, and my aunt.  They took pictures and will hopefully send some to me so I can have some documentation of the day since my camera is again in a non-working mode.  I briefly considered braving the madness early tomorrow morning, but ultimately decided against it because things like cameras, computers, and televisions seem to be the kind of thing you have to start sleeping out in line for days in advance to be able to get one of the three available at any one store and I’m just not going to do that.

On to some real Thanksgiving now.  I have to say that I am incredibly grateful for my husband –he makes me a better person and keeps me on my toes all at the same time.  He is loving, caring, and supportive and I really couldn’t ask for a better man in my life.  I’m grateful for my children.  They make me laugh, cry, and want to scream sometimes, but that’s what makes life fun.   I’m grateful for my extended family and my in-laws.  They are all awesome and supportive and loving and when we need help they are there for us.  I am grateful for having great friends that are there for them when I need anything.  I am incredibly blessed by all of the people in my life.  

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comments:

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts

Jen - you're not the only one who forgets to put yeast in rolls. I didn't do it this year, but I did do it once when Robby was about to leave to go to Afghanistan and he wanted some homemade rolls. So I made him some, but forgot the yeast. Oh the guilt!
Glad your dinner turned out well. And you're smart to avoid the crowds - I boycott Black Friday. I'd rather be home with my kids than out shopping with crazed strangers.