CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 17, 2012

Fan Rivalry

P1030887_thumbThe kids and I got up super early one day to prank some friends of ours. They are Ute fans and we are BYU fans. They had a big Ute flag hanging in front of their house and since our rival teams were playing each other we decided to have a little fun and change their decorations up for them. So, we got a BYU flag, and some BYU “caution” tape and decorated their house. Then, we wrote a ransom note with some demands to be met if they wanted their flag back.P1030889_thumbransom letterThankfully they took some better pictures than I was able to get that early in the morning. 

The ransom note says: We have your flag, Ute.  If you ever want to see it again, leave two dozen unmarked cookies in our mailbox before kickoff tonight.  do not call the police and come alone or you will never see your flag again.  PS Bring our flag too.  We are gonna need it to celebrate victory over the U.

They brought us cookies that they dyed red.  It was awesome.

 tape byuworthens byu housey flag

P1030888When I picked Segi up for exercise that morning she was cracking up.  It was so much fun to plan this with the kids.  Liam didn’t help decorate, but he still talks about it all the time.  I have to say I was sad when I drove by later that day and it was already all taken down. 

P1030890_thumbThis is what we woke up to the day after the game.  They had put this sign in our yard as retaliation.    P1030892_thumb

I’m so glad the Worthens were such good sports about the whole thing.  Hopefully we can think up another good prank for next year.  It’ll be hard to top this one though. 

0 comments: