CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Disneyland!

It has been a few years since we’ve been to Disneyland.  My husband is an avid Disneyland fan and he would go all the time if he could.  In fact, he’s gone by himself when he has business conferences near enough.  I love Disneyland, but I need a long enough time between visits to miss it enough and look forward to it enough to really enjoy it.  So, it was time and I was really excited.  I wanted to go near Halloween so we could try out the Halloween party that we had heard so much about.  So, that’s what we did.  I couldn’t even begin to post all the pictures we took, but I’m sure I will end up using way too many anyway. 

Our first day in the park was a marathon day because it was the day we did the Halloween party so we spent 14 hours straight in the park.  By the time we got back to the hotel we were all exhausted, but it was so worth it. 

P1040022Liam was a little bit excited to be at Disneyland.

P1040025I got a picture of all of us smiling!

P1040026Decked out for Halloween

P1040030They let us into the park, but wouldn’t let us past the ropes because we hadn’t used our magic morning early entry.  It was the longest 15 minutes ever!P1040034First thing Liam wanted to do this rocket ride in Tomorrowland.  I wanted to take pictures so I passed on this one.  They had a great ride and when it was over Jason Jr. was waiting for his turn. P1040038P1040040We learned that Disneyland has their own Fire Department when they had to come help this man out of the ride. 

P1040043one of the firemen gave Liam a sticker.  After this we hit all the rides in tomorrow land.  Liam was tall enough to go on every ride in the park.  he even tried Space mountain.  I think he would have liked that ride better without the Halloween alterations they make with ghouls and scary stuff following you during the ride.  He loved Star Tours and I liked it much better this time too.  I like that now it is a little bit different every time you ride.  I must have been having too much fun with my family that I forgot to take pictures for awhile  because I have no record of the rides we went on in the rest of the park.  We did every ride there was to do and then around 4 the lines started getting really long (that’s when the party goers could start getting in the park) so we headed over to California adventure for a little bit. 

I was super excited to see Cars land.  I had heard nothing but good things about it and it sure didn’t disappoint.  the only thing we didn’t love about cars land was the super long lines.  We are not very patient when it comes to waiting in line so the fact that we waited more than an hour multiple times for this ride.  It is an awesome ride.  P1040056P1040061After dinner we went back to Disneyland for the party.  Liam was excited for the trick or treating. 

P1040063We got a decent amount of candy, but not the truckload we had been told about by our friends.  P1040067In line for Star Tours.  Dad was the rebel spy this time and one other time too.  I guess that bald head makes him look suspicious. 

P1040073The Halloween parade was good and we loved the fireworks, but didn’t get any pictures because at some point after the parade I lost the camera.  Thankfully Disneyland is really the happiest place on earth and it was turned in and given back to us the next day.P1040101

P1040132We had to get creative waiting in line for the radiator springs racers ride because we were waiting so long.  P1040140Silly face pictures are always fun. 

P1040164We finally made it onto the rideP1040173Every time we went Liam was covered by the person in front of him so this time we made sure he sat in front only to find that his face was still blocked!  Oh well.  He loved it picture or not.  P1040175Another picture of us all smiling at the same time!  It really is the happiest place on earth!P1040184Dumbo ride

P1040201Emily got herself a daring streak and went on all the rollercoasters multiple times.  I prefer space mountain NOT at Halloween, but it was still fun.

P1040210I’m pretty sure we rode the matterhorn (or Rhino as Liam called it) more times than any other ride in the park.  I think this was Liam’s favorite ride and the line was never long so that was great too. 

P1040226Liam after getting soaked on Splash mountain.  He loved getting wet on this one and the River rafting one in California adventure.

P1040228California screamin’WP_000549Thunder mountain railroad.  Liam really liked this one until we went on it in the dark…then he decided to brave it in the dark on our last night, but after we had been in line for about 15 minutes the ride broke down so we couldn’t ride it. 

WP_000551WP_000583Liam and I were hanging out in this little carnival area where they had these masks, carnival games, and performances, and lots of characters mingling with the kids.  Pluto came and got a cat mask to decorate and wear.  He thought he was pretty clever.  Liam wouldn’t get close to him for a picture though.WP_000604Screaming makes everything so much more fun!

WP_000611I got to hula hoop with phineas and ferb

WP_000615While I went with the big kids on California screamin’ Dad and Liam rode Goofys sky school as many times as they could. 

WP_000622I wish we would have done this ride again, but the line is always so long!  We had fun though and I had the highest score so it was extra fun!

WP_000623Gotta love the glasses.WP_000635WP_000637I just love this picture of Em and Liam on Thunder mountain railroad. 

Now, don’t tell my husband, but doing this post makes me want to go back to Disneyland!  It is always so much fun.  Now I want to go when the Christmas decorations are up. 

0 comments: