CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 17, 2007

A bit of a rant and asking for some advice

Okay all you mothers of boys out there. Can someone PLEASE tell me WHY there are so many cute clothes for girls and ALL of the boy stuff looks exactly the same?? Why can't I find anything cute or different for my little guy? There are a million choices out there if you have girls, but very FEW if you have boys. Especially for the newborn/infant size in boys clothes. Things improve a LITTLE when they get a bit older, but mostly everything looks the same. So, if anyone knows of a good place to find cute boy clothes that aren't too expensive--PLEASE share with me!

So, now that Liam is here and we are beginning to adjust I'm realizing that his room still needs a lot of work--on the decorating side. There is absolutely nothing on his walls yet and I am stumped about what I want to put there. His crib bedding is tan, red and blue with sports stuff on it, but I'm not sure I want to commit to the sports theme for the rest of his life in case he hates sports or something. :) I guess as long as it wasn't too expensive I could use some sports themed stuff for now though--any thoughts?

I do know that I'd like to find a cute saying of some kind to put up. I will either make a board like I did for my other kids' rooms or I may just get those cool vinyl sticker things and put it straight on the wall...depending on the saying. I want something original and not to cliche. Anyone have any great ideas?? If you have any or know where to find some good quotes/sayings please share! So, now that you all have some homework to help me out maybe more of you will comment! ;) Have a great day!

3 comments:

Lee

I have no great advice. Go with the sports theme.. you can find cheap stuff. I saw where people have bought different balls, basketball, football, baseball, soccer, and such and cut them in half and put them on the wall so they look like they are coming out of the wall. It is really cool. And that is pretty cheap. Good luck!
Liam is very handsome!! I love all of the curls.

Anonymous

Jen, what are you talking about!!!! You are moving up here by me. When you get here, I'll help you decorate his room. Then we'll go shopping together to find him some clothes. Costco is pretty much where I get everything. I know...glamorous. But when you have 5 kids, you buy what you see in the store you are at. The fun of shopping left me a few kids ago.
Are you having so much fun?!!! I think you are.

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts

You are hopelessly lost when it comes to boys clothes. Osh Kosh is the best I've found. If you have an outlet store near you, hit the sales whenever you can. In the meantime, suffer like the rest of us have.
I do adore "little man" outfits. The ones that look ridiculously grown up on them.
Boy clothes are boring. Welcome to our world!