CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Blue & Gold

Last night was the Blue and gold banquet for Jason's cub scout group. Since I am now the assistant cub master I got to help out with the setting up, decorating, and food. Thankfully they didn't expect too much of me. :) The theme was Chinese New Year and it turned out really good. Jason had a blast and that's what's really important right?? Since he turned 10 on Sunday he decided he needed to be part of the Webelos skit. It was really funny they had three boys be the heads and another 3 boys be the arms (behind a curtain so they couldn't see) and then had them eat applesauce, brush teeth, comb hair, and wash their faces with a washcloth. It was cute, everyone laughed and the boys had a great time and were so proud of their "acting" abilities. Oh to have the confidence of childhood where you aren't afraid to look silly, weird, crazy, or whatever. For some reason Jason always gets really crazy at pack night. He was having a lot of fun calling attention to our family last night. First, I was holding Liam and Jason kept calling his name and then all he'd do was smile and Liam would start to giggle. He did this over and over again and I could see a lot of the people around us laughing and thinking it was cute (and of course it was ADORABLE lol), but I felt bad that we were being a distraction so I finally made him quit doing it. Then, when they called me up for my "well trained leader" award because I've been to some training. Jason made me stand up in front of everyone while he took my picture. Finally, right at the end just when I thought I was in the clear, the cub master made everyone sing Happy Birthday to me since I was there on my birthday. Jason made sure to sing at the top of his lungs so everyone knew that it was HIS Mom's birthday. Oh well...so much for blending in and being inconspicuous. It's just impossible with kids. ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous

Happy Birthday Jen!!
Good job with scouting. Whew! I'm sure that's one I'm not going to be able to bypass in my lifetime with all these boys. (but I'll keep my fingers crossed)