Thursday, February 28, 2008
Tomorrow
Tomorrow morning we go to court to finalize Liam's adoption. I have to admit I'm a little bit nervous. I've never been in a real court before, in front of a real judge. lol I feel kinda silly to be nervous about it, but I can just see myself going blank when the lawyer asks me for my name or birthday or something simple like that. I'm also fairly certain that I will bawl like an idiot because the last question the lawyer asks us is how we feel about this adoption. I mean, how do you answer that question without losing it?? Anyway...I'll be taking lots of pictures (or someone will) so I'll be sure to post them tomorrow! wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Court was awkward, although I was glad I'd been there before for my nephew's finalization so that I was a little bit prepared for what it would be like. Good luck! It will be over before you know it. Really, it's over just like that and you are going to be thinking, that's it??? All the waiting for that?
But the nice thing is, as intimidating as court can be, the judge is much nicer and softer in the adoption cases than regularly. Our judge even talked about how court really was just a small part of things and that the temple sealing is really the important part. That was the cool part about finalizing in Utah.
Just have tissue with you!
Yeah! I am so happy for you. We were there when my nephew was legal. It was a neat moment. And even better...the sealing.
Exciting! I wish you all the best.
Post a Comment