CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 15, 2008

County fair

The kids and I headed over to check out the county fair this afternoon. Unfortunately for me (but possibly fortunately for you) I forgot my camera. I did have my cell phone, but the pictures on it are awful so I won't even bother sharing them. The kids loved it though. The National guard had a rock climbing wall there (for free even!) so they had to try it. Jason got to the top, but Em only got a few feet off the ground before she gave up. If I hadn't had Liam I totally would have climbed it myself. :) They also had a tank there that the kids could climb in and check out. Jason especially loved that. After we spent awhile doing that we headed over to the displays of arts/crafts/food. Jason stayed looking at a huge lego city complete with a moving train and cars etc while Em and I checked out the quilts, photography, crafts, etc that had been entered. Em decided that she wants to enter something in the fair next year. I guess that means I have to find out how exactly you do that. ;) I thought it was fun and the kids had fun too. The only thing they were bummed about was that I wouldn't pay for them to go on any of the carnival rides...but thankfully the rock climbing wall took some of that complaint away so that helped on the whining factor.

0 comments: