With sick kids and being sick myself lately I've had more time than usual to read. I thought I'd review the books I've read in case you are looking for something to read yourself. I'm not really great at much more than giving my opinion on the book since I'm not a very good critic. :)
I can't remember who recommended this book to me anymore. Although it was well written, it was a little too sad for me. I didn't like how Emma's mom didn't even try to keep her safe and there wasn't any kind of happy ending at all. I don't mind books having difficult things in them, but I like to see the characters be able to overcome and find good. I guess I like happily ever after too much to really like this book.
A curse Dark as Gold is a retelling of Rumplestilskin. I thought it was well done. It is a bit slow in the beginning, but I really enjoyed it anyway. It's a very interesting story and not exactly what I remember the fairy tale being, but I really liked it.
Good night Mr. Tom is about a boy that is sent to the country during WWII. He has lived a hard life and his Mother was abusive to him, but he finds love and talents and self-worth while in the country. It has some sad parts, but has a happy ending. I REALLY liked this book. It shows that people can get through difficult times of loss and sorrow in their lives by giving themselves time to heal.

1 comments:
I'll have to read Good Night Mr. Tom. sounds great. Thanks for the recommendations.
Post a Comment