Today Em came home from her 4-H after school theater class and told me she needed a "ball gown" for her part as Cinderella. I told her the only things I have even close to a ball gown are my Homecoming and Prom Dresses from when I was in High School. I told her she could try them on fully expecting that none of them would fit her at all. There were only two that were "fluffy" (her words) enough to fit her picture of a ball gown. So we got them out and the first one she tried on fell off her shoulders and was long in the arms (although it fit pretty well in the waist) and the second one was a little bit big in the shoulders, but fit fairly well everywhere else. Somehow I wasn't expecting either of them to fit my 5th Grader at all! Granted she's a tall girl, but still. The one that fit better is the first one I ever had when I was 16 and a couple months old. I dug into my old pictures to try to find one that wasn't too embarrassing to post so you could see the dress, but didn't find any that fit that description. I did find some funny ones with some of my blog readers in them though. If you went to school with me you know who you are. Some of them were formal and some weren't, but boy did it bring back memories. ;) I was tempted to post some of those, but I have few enough blog readers that I didn't want to give anyone an excuse to stop reading my blog. So, how many of you think it's wierd that my 5th grade daughter is so close to fitting into dresses I wore when I was 5 years older than her?! Maybe those hormones ARE making us bigger.
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jen, you were just a tiny little teenager. You were always the skinny one in the family, this whole thing just proves it! I love you, but I also wish I had been conceived in the same side of the gene pool as you. Unfortunately I will just have to live with having gorgeous sisters, and I can be the smart one!! lol
Enjoy the time she *wants* to try them on...soon she'll just be mocking your fashion taste the way my 17-year-old sister-in-law does. (But then, this sil does wear the same icky style I wore in junior high, so I don't know if I can trust her taste.)
Post a Comment