CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 28, 2009

Liam love

This post is going to be all about Liam.  I was talking on the phone to my Dad last night and telling him some of the funny/cute things Liam has been doing lately.  He laughed with me and then asked if I was writing these things down...and I haven't been.  So, I'm going to try to remember as many as I can right now so that I can have them recorded for later.  Feel free to skip this post if you want to...it's all for me and my horrible memory so I don't forget the cuteness that is Liam at 2 years old. 

Liam loves to narrate everything he does right now.  If he's riding his scooter, he'll look at me and say "riding scooter, mommy" and repeat it until I say, "Are you riding your scooter?" and then he'll say "yes".  My favorite is when he's doing something he's not supposed to and he still tells me about it.  He'll say, "fighting, mommy, fighting." when he and Jason are wrestling or he'll try to bite me and when I tell him No he'll say, "biting Mommy"

Liam also loves to say, "Watch dis, Mom!" and then do something like jump, or throw, or in stake conference last week it was just letting his cup slide from the top of the book on his lap to the bottom.  I am expected to make some kind of comment on his newfound abilities unless I want to continue hearing "watch dis, watch dis!"

I was getting ready for the day on Sat. and had just finished my hair, and was putting some makeup on.  Liam had been in his room most of the time, but he wandered into the bathroom, picked up my gel and tapped it on his hand, then he rubbed his hands together to spread our the imaginary gel on them.  Next he rubbed his hands in his hair and then bent over and made a noise like my blow dryer.  Then he stood up and said, "All done hair!"  It was really cute. 

Whenever we are driving in the car and we go up or down a hill Liam yells, "Hands up MOM!" and he'll tell everyone in the car to put their hands up.  Daddy started this one by having Liam put his hands up like in a roller coaster when he went down a hill one time.  Now we do it both up and down the hills. 

We were walking into church yesterday and Liam started to run.  I called to him and told him quietly that we needed to be reverent in the chapel because it's Jesus' house.  He stopped running, folded his arms and walked to class.  He wiggled, and jiggled his upper body the whole way to class, but he kept his arms folded and he didn't run so that's good enough for me.

He calls all things in the sky that make noise helicopter said, "copter" by Liam.  He doesn't seem to care that there's a difference between a helicopter and an airplane. 

He's afraid of motorcycles, because they are usually really loud.  If he sees one that isn't loud he'll still run to me saying, "cycle, Mom, cycle"

He LOVES trucks, tractors, etc.  Every Monday he runs to the window to watch the garbage truck get the garbage.  Then he say Bye to the truck.  If we drive by tractors that aren't being used he says, "tractor sleeping".

Several mornings last week Liam was in my bed with me.  He would wake up and say, "owie, wips, kiss it" Then he'd lay a nice juicy kiss on my lips.  That really beats my usual wake up call of, "Get up! or Milk" and a FIRM pat on my back or whatever part is closest to him. 

Liam likes to keep track of what store things come from.   Like Milk for instance.  You know how they have different colors for the lids?  Well, awhile ago Liam realized that he drank something different from the rest of us and since then he's insisted that he get "green milk" from Macey's.  Sometimes we end up with blue milk from Walmart and so far it's okay, but if we try to get him to drink whole milk he won't do it because it isn't the same kind the rest of us are drinking. 

This is all I can remember for now, but I think I'll try to write them down more often so I don't forget when he does funny stuff. 

3 comments:

Amberly

So sweet, I love this age. I miss it. :) Your background is really cute.

Unknown

I loved this post, it was fun to read about Liam he's so stinkin cute! I really need to try to get to play-group more!

Kristin

I love how they learn and discover new things without us teaching them how. Baylie's latest is that when I lotion her up, she wants me to put lotion in her hand so she can wipe it on herself. She is very intense about it.