Last Night Em and I had a fun Mother Daughter evening together. I forgot my camera in the diaper bag and so I took pics with my cell phone only to realize that I don't have any way to get them onto my computer! So, you are going to have to live with another pictureless post. ;)
We started our evening out at the BYU Creamery on 9th. I have to say that I just LOVE that place! They have the best food! We always get the kids meal because they let anyone get it and it includes ice cream. Em wanted to sit at the counter by where they make the food and I noticed a few things. First of all they use fresh, not frozen meat for their burgers, and I also saw them carrying trays of their buns freshly baked right there in the store. They cook your fries right when you place your order and not before then. Their ice cream is the BEST! We also LOVE their BYU Ranch and I won't eat anything else. Since they've been remodeling/rebuilding the creamery where they make the ice cream they have had limited flavors for awhile, but yesterday I was bummed to see the signs that they were using Dryers ice cream until they got more BYU ice cream made. We were there a couple days too early because they just opened the new creamery to make the ice cream yesterday...can I just say that Dryers is NOTHING like BYU ice cream--because it isn't BYU's is much better. I can't wait until they have all their flavors back mid October because it's the one place where I can get one of my favorite flavors--mint cookies and cream. So, if you live nearby and haven't been there yet head to the creamery on 9th in Provo...it's really the best. If I happen to figure out how to get my pics off my phone I'll share some pictures of the awesome place.
Once we finished eating we headed over to the Wilkinson center to browse the bookstore before our concert started. We didn't buy anything though...and that's just fine. ;)
The concert we went to was the American Piano Quartet. I think this is the 4th time I've been to one of their performances and I've loved each one. It occurred to me that I probably should have let my lovely blog readers know about the concert in case any of them wanted to go (I know there are a few music lovers who read). The proceeds went to benefit scholarships in the music dept. Anyway...back to the concert. It's 4 BYU professors and they play together on two pianos. It's really cool especially if you know how difficult it can be to play together with another person. Their music is awesome and a lot of it was arranged just for them. One song they played was written by a man who happened to be in the audience so they had him stand. That would be a bit nerve racking to play someone's music with them there.
Emily was really impressed with their playing and we had great seats so we could see their hands on one of the pianos as they played. She leaned over at one point and asked me if any of them started where she is now and I said certainly they all did. They got where they are now by practicing A LOT. I was glad Em enjoyed it and wasn't bored. The first time I saw them in concert was when I was 16 and it was Prom night and I went with my Dad. I remember it pretty clearly. It was great. I've forgotten how much I enjoy performances like this. Hopefully I can convince EM to go to more things like this with me since Jason isn't too excited about musical concerts. :)

4 comments:
It is neat that you and Em had such a great Mother-Daughter night... You have made me crave BYU ice-cream....I will have to get over there soon!
You will find any excuse to go to the creamery! Sounds like a great evening. I used to go with David to all the concerts, but now I stay home with Baylie. It will be fun when she can go too.
That sounds lovely. I haven't been to a good concert in years. No one at my house likes them. I should just go by myself I guess. :)
Amberly- I actually thought of you when I was sitting there and wished I had at least told you about it. I think you would have loved it.
Kristin- you should have your mom watch Baylie so you can go with David sometime. ;) (and I do go to the creamery whenever possible)
JAM-If you ever want company going to the creamery I'm always game!
Post a Comment