November is National Adoption month.
I'm continually amazed at the lack of information or the misinformation that continues to be believed about adoption. It makes me sad. I wish everyone could know how wonderful it is. I wish everyone could understand how much of a connection you feel to the birth mom of your child. How they seem like a new part of your family. How you worry about them and hope that they are doing well and having success in their lives. I love having an open adoption. It was scary at first, but everything new is.
I wish people could know that choosing adoption isn't the "easy way out" or a way to "not suffer consequences of bad choices". I wish everyone could understand that adoption is an AMAZING thing when done correctly. If you know a birth mom please don't ask her all the time how she could give up her baby. Please don't be judgmental. Every situation is different you don't know the heart of that person or all the circumstances. These women need love and understanding, not judgement. I'm so grateful that B chose us to be Liam's family. She is a wonderful person and we love her so much. We are so happy to have Liam in our family and we couldn't have him without her. She is amazing. She is an angel to us. I can't wait until Liam is old enough to understand more about her and hopefully we'll all get to see her again.
There are so many wonderful parents waiting to find their child. If you know someone who is considering adoption please encourage and support them. Who knows maybe you could help with their adoption miracle.

5 comments:
I completely agree with you, Jen.
Are you familiar with "The R House" blog? (http://therhouse.blogspot.com)
She's a huge adoption advocate (particularly open adoptions) and I really like her blog.
After 3 kids, we can't have any more (long-term consequences of the chemotherapy I had for my transplant), and I really wish we could adopt. My physical disabilities prevent this, but I'm a huge adoption fan from the sidelines.
Gabby- I do follow the r house blog. She's a great advocate for adoption. It's a great blog!
Since I have only had my camera for 9 days I don't know if I will carry it around like my other. I did take it to the Halloween party and took TONS of pictures. That is the only place I have gone with my kiddos since my birthday. Well other thatn church and places I would not take pictures. But I figure if there is somewhere I don't want to take it I can take the little one.
Great post Jen! I am so glad we're friends -- and that adoption is just one of the reasons. Thank you for sharing with us! Hooray for adoption!
Beautiful post.
Post a Comment