Last week I decided that I wanted to do something fun with Liam on the first day of school so he wouldn’t miss having his brother and sister home as much. I invited my sister in law to come with me with her little boy and we picked up our two nieces so they could join the fun and their Mom could rest with her new baby. It was fun and tiring for the adults, but the kids loved every minute of it I think.
They liked building a dinosaur with all different kinds of parts. Liam liked changing the lets and Easton (above) had fun giving it a new kind of spine defense.
The sand and water table was a huge hit and we spent quite some time there. Liam had to wash his hands off in the middle for some reason. By the end all of the kids had managed to get sand ALL over them including in hair and on clothes.
This is the best picture I got of them on this dinosaur because Liam was in Brooklyn’s space and she didn’t like it one bit. I tried to mediate, but it didn’t work.
I took this picture while telling Liam to get down and right after I snapped it a museum worker came and made him get down. Why do they make things so tempting to climb in in kids museums?? The shark room is always fun for the kids, but again I didn’t get a good picture. I’m hoping Heather got some better ones than I did since my camera was acting up.
The last hurrah before you leave is a big sandbox that you can uncover bones in. It’s a dusty business, but they spent a long time there. Probably close to an hour. By the time we left I was starving and I the kids were too so we headed to Carl’s Jr for a quick lunch before going home.
It was a fun day and we got home in time to hear about the twins’ first day of Jr. High. I don’t think Liam even realized they were gone since we were gone all day too.
Monday, August 30, 2010
Dinosaurs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment