CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 03, 2010

Marriage

fingerprint-wedding-ringI was reading Time magazine the other day and their cover story was about marriage and how people’s attitudes are changing about it.  The points that stood out to me in the article are that less people are getting married, more children are born out of wedlock, and married people are more likely to be financially stable.   The interesting thing is that even though less people are getting married the poll showed that most people still think it’s easier to raise a family if you are married. 

My views on marriage are heavily influenced by my religion and can be summarized by this document.  I’m curious though…what do you think about the things the article says.  Click through the link and then let me know.  Do you agree?  Disagree?  Agree, but wish it weren’t true?  Tell me what you think!

1 comments:

Kristin

I think that in the U.S., we have become so focused on work that we leave little time for dating or family life. It is hard to get married once you've started on your career. There are limited places to meet people and limited time. For many married people, work has taken priority over family time which results in many broken families. I don't think anyone chooses that, but it just happens because of demands. I think there needs to be a significant shift in U.S. values in regards to where we spend our time and what employers expect from employees. I think that's why we're starting to see such an increase in flexible work situations like working from home.