Today I thought I would blog about ‘love’ly sweets for valentines. I’m a simple girl, with simple tastes and I like things that are simple to make too.
First on the list is cheesecake—it’s a favorite in our house.
I found this cheesecake bars recipe that makes it super simple to make cheesecake. I’m not patient enough to worry about water baths and keeping the top from cracking when making a ‘real’ cheesecake. This tastes just great to us. It’s actually what Em and Jason requested for their birthday so I’ll be making it next week for them.
How about Sugar cookies? They are a must for love week!
I looked for a long time for a recipe that wasn’t too sweet (sugar cookies are for frosting in my opinion) and was soft. I found this recipe awhile ago and have used it a lot. It doesn’t say to chill the dough, but I always do and they are REALLY soft so I end up using a lot of flour when rolling them out. I should probably just add a bit more flour to the dough or something, but I like them this way because they stay soft and don’t taste too floury. They do hold shapes, but are best with very simple shapes since they puff up a lot when baked.
Last but not least are these Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies I may have blogged about them before—but if I have they deserve a second mention. We LOVE the Peanut butter and chocolate combination in our house. I could seriously just eat the dough of these cookies and be happy forever. It is GOOD.
What are your favorite treats to make/eat for Valentines?

1 comments:
It's all about the cupcakes around here. Chocolate.
I'm thinking of making Aaron some eclairs as well, but who knows.
Post a Comment