Why is it that every school activity kids are involved in has to do their “end of the year” thing in May?? Well, at least we only have two kids, but somehow we have more than two end of year things to do in May, but so far they have each had their music concerts so that’s what we’re talking about today.
Emily’s band concert was last week and it was just the beginning band (which I love because it is short and sweet). I attempted to record one of their songs, but Liam was standing on the chair behind me grabbing me and I’m sure if I watched the video it would make me sick so I won’t subject you to that unpleasant experience. But, I did take a few pictures
Waiting for the concert to startStanding when their director came in.
Playing her little heart out. They did a good job at their concert and they had improved quite a bit from their Christmas concert. It’s amazing how fast kids learn! Em did a fabulous job and so did the rest of the band.
Last night was Jason’s Orchestra concert. He did a great job, but was bummed that in the end he didn’t get to play the final number with the 8th and 9th graders because too many 7th graders left and took their basses with them so he didn’t have an instrument to play. He’s pretty excited about the bass and is begging for lessons this summer. So, here are a few pictures
Getting his music ready to play.Playing—I love how serious his face is when he plays. You can tell he’s really concentrating and focused. He did a great job playing and so did everyone else. His concert was really long because there were three different groups that played and they had a lot of dead time between groups getting things organized and ready to play.
After the concert I made him take a picture with his Bass. I think his is a 1/2 sized bass and it’s still huge and barely fits into the back of our van with the seats all down. Don’t know what we’ll do when he needs a bigger one!
It sure brings back memories for me seeing my kids do this kind of thing. At least they are good memories. ![]()

1 comments:
Oooh, I hope my kids get into music - such great memories. Love the pictures of your kids and their concerts!
Post a Comment