CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our Memorial Day

Yesterday we got together with my brother and his family and my aunt. I have to say that having family close by is pretty fun! We haven't had any of my siblings/parents around until recently and we've really enjoyed getting to see them more. I do wish they lived closer than the hour and a half drive away that they do, but it's better than the 10+ hr drive away they used to live. :)

The plan was to go to the Zoo. Unfortunately it rained most of the day yesterday so we decided on plan B which was the Aquarium. It was a fun place. They had some cool stuff to see/feel. Jason Jr. and Bryannah (my niece) were the only ones to brave the touching stuff. Well, I take that back, Emily touched the sting rays and that was it to her because they felt "icky". Jason couldn't seem to get enough of the touching and kept going through the line to touch again. We got to hear storytime which the kids really liked (Especially Bryannah) At the end I went back to see a few things that I had missed and they were feeding the octopus. It was cool to watch becaues they put its food into a Mr. Potato head toy and the octopus had to find the food in the "back door" of the toy. It was interesting to watch it feeling the pieces and using its sucker things.

We hadn't been there long when one of my old room mates from college came up to me to say hello. I had no idea that she'd moved back from NY so it was a big surprise to see her. I don't think she looks at my blog, but just in case--Hello Amanda! It was wonderful to see you and I hope we can keep in better touch now that you are closer. Your kids are adorable (of course) and it was great to meet your husband too.

After we finished with the Aquarium we headed over to my Aunt's house for lunch. We all brought something to contribute and it was a grand old time. Jim brought their newly acquired Wii and the kids had a ball playing bowling and Mario Cart. Thanks for doing that Jim! My sil was telling me about Wii fit and how much she likes it and that makes me want to get on Wii bandwagon even more. We were seriously considering getting one for Christmas, but couldn't find them anywhere. They seem to be easier to find right now, but I don't know if that will last or not. Hopefully when we decide we are ready to take the plunge we'll be able to find one without too much trouble. Anyway...thanks for the fun day guys! It was great to spend it with you!

On our way home we stopped to look at furniture. I am trying to find something new for upstairs so we can put what's there downstairs, but I'm not sure exactly what I want yet and that's making my decision making a lot harder. I found a couple things that I liked okay, but nothing that screamed "TAKE ME HOME!".

We also stopped at the cemetery to see Jason's brother Matthew's grave. We sure miss him a lot and it's nice when we get to remember him more formally.

0 comments: