CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 07, 2008

Colonial Days

Thursday the kids and I went to Colonial Days in Provo. It's in conjunction with the Freedom Festival (4th of July celebration). They have all sorts of colonial stuff there. Basketweaving, old guns, spinning wool into thread, a replica of a section of the Mayflower, and the printing museum. The kids had fun seeing how things used to be.



Do you think I could get away with having one of these in my basement?? Maybe it'd encourage the twins to quit fighting over every little thing. ;)
Emily at the wheel of the "Mayflower". It was a life sized section of the boat and I was REALLY surprised how small it was. It would have been difficult to fit so many people onto such a small boat.
Jason being fierce in the armor they had to try on. He only had it on for a minute and he commented on how hot it was to wear.
This is Em and Jason playing nine mens morris. It reminded me of tick tack toe, but more complicated...the kids loved it so I gotta figure out how to make a board for them to play on at home. They also played fox and geese but we had to leave before they were done to meet Daddy at the printing museum. If you haven't been to the Crandall printing museum you should check it out. It has some really cool stuff. Old printing presses, a machine that you can type a word into and it'll make a metal printing piece of that word. The kids and I all got our names like that last year. It has a Guttenberg printing press and lots of other neat stuff to look at. We all had fun checking it all out.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: