CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

recipes, food storage, etc

A friend of mine recently told me about a website called my food storage deals http://www.myfoodstoragedeals.com/ (if someone wants to fill me in on how to make those cool links I'm willing to listen.) They give you a list of all the deals at grocery stores so you know what's a great deal to stock up on for your "home grocery store" and they make menus according to what's on sale too which helps save money as well. It seems that everyone is interested in getting their food storage again. Jason said that the use of the drypack cannery in our area is up 700 % that's no typo it's a 7. I couldn't believe it. They announced in church that they are booked through Dec--so you can buy their bulk stuff, but if you want to actually can it you'll have to get in line...back to my story--

I signed up for the weekly recipe planner in the hopes that it would help our sorry menus be more interesting and help us find some great new recipes. So far everything we've tried we've liked and the ones we haven't tried sound really good. The one I was most excited about though was Winger's chicken salad...including a mock wingers sauce. I have to admit I was skeptical...we love wingers and it's the only place I will eat wings since other wings are too hot for my girlie mouth. lol I have to say that the mock sauce is a dead ringer for the real thing and now I know why I like it so much--it's made with TONS of sugar! It even tasted perfect when we mixed it with ranch to make their pink sauce for our fries (this is the main reason I go to wingers--for the pink sauce). Jason even thought it tasted exactly like the real thing. So, even if the whole (food storage deals) thing doesn't turn out to be for us it was worth the $8 just for that one recipe and now we aren't beholden to wingers to get our fix of pink sauce! ;)

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts

Okay, where do I find this recipe, because I *heart* all things wings!

Great idea. I've got a ginormous notebook with recipes I want to try in it.

Anonymous

I really need to get going on food storage. It has been on my mind a lot, but haven't done anything with it....

Shandra

Thanks for the post! If anyone is interested in trying our service for two weeks free, they can enter the promo code FREE TRIAL when signing up and they can try our service (and recipes) for free :)

Enjoy!

Shandra
www.myfoodstoragedeals.com