I watched today as the 44th president took his oath of office. I think this is the first time I've made a point to watch this event. (I'm not known for my political prowess) I listened to his speech and I experienced with the rest of the nation the historical event. I had a lot of different feelings while watching. I wished that Liam was old enough to understand and I hope that by the time he is he'll know that nothing can keep him from any aspiration he might have. I know there are some people who don't agree with his politics and think that he was elected because of his skin color. Even if that is true isn't it wonderful that that could actually happen in our nation where not too many years ago he couldn't have eaten in the same restaurant or went into the same bathroom as a white person? I'm sure there were plenty of white people who voted for him. Did you watch/listen? What did you think/feel?
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment