We had a busy week last week. The kids had their end of the year program. I'm so glad they do these. I don't remember anything like this from when I was their age. All I remember is something in Kindergarten and then middle school graduation. I didn't get any good pictures during the program because my camera isn't good enough for that, but I did get the obligatory pictures with their teachers.
Jason has loved having a male teacher this year and having fun joking around with him. I have loved that he's learning to turn his silliness off and on in the right circumstances. Thanks Mr. T!
This one of Em is a bit of a cheat because my camera battery died and this is actually one day later because of that. Em loves Mrs. M and has liked being in her class this year.
This is Emily's friend Emma. As I sat watching their program I noticed that now that they both have similar glasses they look kind of alike. Teachers have always mixed them up, but I figured it was more their similar names than similar looks, but they do look a bit alike. I'm glad these two are friends because Emma and her family are AWESOME. :)
The day after their program they had their "State Fair" where all the kids researched a certain state and made a diorama and dressed up like a famous person from their state.
Emily chose Washington as her state and she had fun learning about it and making a replica of the space needle out of clay. She's an artistic kid. She is supposed to be Hilary Swank (born in WA) and decided that dressing up in nice clothes would make a good costume. Her props were a script and the dvd of Million Dollar Baby.
Jason chose Maryland for his state and thanks to Jarom and Heather was able to put together a good diorama. he had the state bird, flower and some other facts about his state in his. He was Cal Ripkin Jr. but this picture was taken after Liam had torn off Jason's Orioles sticker off his shirt to show he was on that team. He had the hat and mitt as his props.
Both of them worked hard on these projects with just a little help from Mom. It amazes me how different they are in their methods though. Em wants to start working weeks in advance and Jason wants to leave it for the night before so on one hand I was telling Em to wait a little to work on hers and trying to encourage Jason to work on his. I'm so glad school is almost out! A whole summer where I don't have to worry about homework or projects or anything else. Nice.
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Program and State Fair
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
It's always hard for me to remember whose homework it is! Is it mine? Is it yours? Do I get credit if I did more research on it than you? (o:
Post a Comment