I was so excited that several of our tulips have finally started opening up. Our front yard is really shady so they are coming out much slower than places where there's lots of sun. That was a GOOD surprise. I wasn't able to get any great pics because Liam wanted to play, but here's a slightly blurry one... The other reason I couldn't get a great picture was because I was kinda nervous after seeing this visitor
Can you see the snakes head right under the wood?? That snake was happily enjoying the flowers right when I was going out to get rid of some unwelcome mushrooms that keep growing in that particular bed. I was so freaked out by the snake that I had to wait until later to go back and get the mushrooms.
Speaking of mushrooms...does anyone know how to get rid of them?? We've never had them before but this particular plot of ground where my tulips are planted keeps growing them. I'm assuming it has something to do with the compost (including "organic" matter--ahem manure) that we put on last fall, but we put it other places too and none of them are growing mushrooms. Here's what they look like after I've dug them out. I have no idea how to get rid of them, but they are really annoying. So if you know please share!![]()

3 comments:
We used to get mushrooms in Houston and we never got rid of them. The neighbors told us it meant our lawn was well fertilized. I thought they were disgusting.
I love tulips!
My north side tulips are just opening as well. I feel a little lucky that I get to enjoy them after all the others are droopy and worn.
Okay, those mushrooms would have lived there for eternity if it had been my yard and I had seen that little snakey. Snakes are right up there with mice on my list.
Post a Comment