CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

California Trip Day One

Monday last week we packed up and headed for the airport.  We were going to California to go to Disneyland!  The kids were super excited—especially Liam.  When I got in the car after Liam was buckled in he was singing, “Oo Oo Ah Ah, Oo Oo Ah Ah, I’m goin’ to Disneyland!” Over and over again.  It was his first singing composition and it was SUPER cute.  Unfortunately, my camera was packed safely in one of our carry on bags and tucked away in the back of the van so I couldn’t get it on tape.  I REALLY tried to get him to do it again…but it was never repeated. 

Once at the airport and thoroughly checked out to be sure we weren’t a danger to anyone we waited for our plane by watching other planes taking off and landing.  Liam loved this.  IMG_4835 Here he is admiring an airplane that he insisted was ours—even though it wasn’t.  I don’t think he ever figured it out.  IMG_4838Once on the airplane Liam was VERY excited and began his usual mantra of, “Go, Mommy, Go!”  I had to keep reminding him that only the pilot could make the plane go.   IMG_4840 He was briefly (for like 30 seconds) distracted by the television/music available at his seat.  IMG_4841Pretty soon we were ready to take off, but the noise was a little scary for him so he sat on my lap.     He was a GREAT passenger for our short flight. 

Once we got to our hotel and checked in the kids wanted to swim ASAP.  First we needed some lunch though so we headed over to McDonald’s (in the parking lot of our hotel).  They missed two different things in our order and gave us one thing that was completely the wrong thing…I swear they only stay in business because they are next to Disneyland and people don’t have a whole lot of choice of where to eat. 

After lunch we went swimming.  Well, the kids did.  I wasn't hot enough to swim so I just The kids took turns holding Liam in the pool and having him jump to them.  He has a little more caution this year than he did last year.  Thank goodness or he probably would have jumped in when no one was there to catch him.  ;)  IMG_4843 Liam jumping in to Em.IMG_4845 Jason warming up in the hot tub during his break from Liam. 

I was surprised how quickly they got bored of swimming.  It was still awhile before dinner so we decided to go pick up our Disneyland tickets and check out Downtown Disney since we’ve never taken the time to go there before.  The lego store was a big hit with everyone. 

IMG_4848 IMG_4855 This giraffe was REALLY big and we all thought it was pretty cool…the boys had to have a picture with Indiana Jones and Darth Vader.  I wonder whose job it is to build those things or if they aren’t even real legos…what do you think?  IMG_4857 The other cool store there was kinda like Build a bear, but with cars that had all different kinds of bodies, wheels, tires, decals etc.  We didn’t buy anything there, but it was cool to look around.  That night the kids watched a movie—G force.  It was kinda dumb so I just read my book club book instead.  The kids liked it though.  We hit the sack early so we could be well rested for the park the next day. 

1 comments:

Anonymous

okay are you in Disneyland or are you already back? We were going to leave tomorrow the 19th but had to postpone. Yeah for you guys!!!! Can't wait to read about the rest of your Disney days!