Wednesday dawned sunny and warm and we were ready for fun at the park again. This was the first day that Jason’s brothers were there with us. They spent Tues. at the beach instead of at Disneyland. We started at Disneyland for a few rides, but then headed over to California adventure. Our favorite rides there are Soarin’ over California, Bear river run, and California Screamin’ (ok, I’m the only one that likes the last one). I think the kids went on the river rapids ride five or six times. I don’t think they ever got completely dry…
On the ride Wet, wet, wet and this was just after the first time around.
We took turns going on Soarin’ over California since the little ones couldn’t go. Liam wanted to go see Lightening Macqueen and Mater while we were waiting. He and Brooklyn were cute. Liam wanted to get in the cars and I had to carry him away so other people could get pictures too.
After this we headed towards the back of the park and california screamin’ on our way we did the Toy Story ride that’s a bunch of carnival games where you shoot things. I don’t have any pictures of that…maybe when I get pics from everyone else’s camera they’ll have some…it’s a fun ride. The few of us that were brave enough had a bunch of fast passes for CA screamin’ so we went on it three times in a row…I sure love rollercoasters. I wish there were good ones close by so I could ride them more often before I get too old. On the airplane there was a show about “extreme rides” and they all looked like so much fun! But none of them are close to me.
This is my attempt at a self-portrait of Liam and I on the zephyr ride. He loved it and would have gone again and again if we didn’t have to meet up with everyone in Bug’s Life land!
This is some of the cousins with their bug glasses before the 3D bug show. Liam wouldn’t wear his (he won’t wear any kind of glasses) The show was cute and fun and I was the loudest screamer when things happened like getting “stung” or when the “roaches” crawled under our bums on the seat. I didn’t know to expect that. Liam LOVED Heather on this trip. If we were with her he wanted her to hold him or to ride with her or to sit on her lap. I don’t know how much Heather liked it, but it was sure cute to watch.
This is on one of the bug rides—another self-portrait. don’t ask me what is going on with Jason’s hand…but I teased him about it a lot.
This is the bug bumper cars. Liam loved steering these even though we got stuck tons of times. Some pictures from the “flying” ride. Liam liked riding with Brooklyn and with Daddy (maybe me too)
To finish the day off some of the braver kids (and adults)went on the Tower of Terror. Jarom had told everyone that was under age 12 he would buy them a churro if they went on the ride. (he was trying to get his boys to do it I think mostly) Jason went the first round and then when they came around to do round two right before the park closed Emily had gotten brave enough to try it again. I took both of them on it last year and they HATED it so going again was a big deal. I’m sure they wouldn’t have gone without Jarom’s bribery.
While we waited for Em to finish up Daddy went to get us some dinner in Downtown Disney and I took Liam on the Monsters Inc. ride with the rest of the kids that weren’t going on the ride. Then we headed back to Disneyland since it’s open a couple hours later than CA adventure is on weekdays. I can’t remember what we did in Disneyland…but I’m sure it was fun and when it closed we went back to the hotel thoroughly exhausted. I think the kids did a bit of homework while we got Liam to sleep and then we all hit the sack. I went to the store with mike to find some rice to try to dry out my camera in the hopes that it would work again. About 12:30 Jason and I were woken up by Emily being sick near the foot of our bed. She had woken suddenly and tried to get to the bathroom, but in the dark in an unfamiliar room she didn’t quite make it. I had to get creative to try to clean up all that I could so I used a paper plate and a grocery bag and then we covered what was left with towels and tried to get to sleep in the hopes the morning would bring health for everyone. I have to admit that after seeing how they cleaned up the incident I was unable to walk barefoot in the hotel and probably will never be able to ever again…maybe they got out the carpet cleaner after we checked out, but in case they didn’t I’m playing it safe from now on when it comes to hotel floors.
I was sure we were all going to end up sick in our hotel for the rest of the trip (it seemed like that was the way things were headed), but thanks to lots of prayers and positive thinking we all were okay. We think Emily was just dehydrated because she didn’t drink enough and that combined with too much greasy food and anxiety about scary rides just got to her. She took it really easy on Thursday just in case, but by Friday felt fine and was able to better enjoy her day.

2 comments:
Sounds fun! Next girls trip Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio, 14 GIGANTIC rollercoasters!! How did I never know that about you?
I'm so jealous. I am dying for a Disney trip. Maybe when David finally gets his doctorate.
Post a Comment