My friend Shanna put this challenge on her blog that she found somewhere else…don’t know where. To get rid of 41 bags of stuff in 41 days. It sounded good to me since I’ve been wanting to purge our house of some of the extra “stuff” we have around. I didn’t really keep track of when exactly I started, but so far I’ve gotten rid of 22! bags of stuff. Some of it I’ve given to MS, some to the ward clothing swap, some to the garbage can, and some to recycling (I swear papers multiply themselves in my house!)
If you need to get rid of stuff (and who doesn’t!) join me in the challenge and we’ll all be happier in the end! These first bags weren’t too hard for me to get. I think the last half will be harder for me. I’m going to have to quit being so sentimental about things so I can part with them. I think baby clothes and toys are going to have to be next to go through…those are always hard for me to part with. Good luck to you and if you have any pointers how to let go of stuff please share!

3 comments:
I've been trying to purge, too. My problem is that we're in a smaller house now and We're moving again in a year. I try to do the "I haven't used it in the last year" thing, but sometimes that doesn't apply.
http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/
ever read her blog?
Go look at all her purging and the pictures she has taken of her entire cleaned out house. It is extrememly motivating. Good job!!!! You can even click on topics on the right hand side. I really like her.
The above link is where I got the idea! :) You are awesome- I am up to 20- I need to get going!
Post a Comment