The twins were both in choir again this year at school and their school participated in the annual Hope of America celebration/performance. They both love performing in it with all their friends. Afterwards I was asking them if they were sad it was their last year and they informed me that just because they won’t be performing doesn’t mean they don’t want to go see it next year because they want to see it from the audience’s perspective. Here are a few highlights.Each school has different colored shirts so that when they sit they make the American flag.
They had lots of different dancing groups perform along with the choir. this one is an island dance that was pretty cool If you know where to look you can see Jason in this photo. He’s second in from the left on the sixth row up from the bottom.
Em is in this one right smack in the middle of the picture. I love this part of the show—it’s the over 55 dancers and after they dance their number this cute lady comes out she’s 92.
My camera battery died right before she did the splits! At 92! That’s how I want to age!
At the end they sing a song about lights and they all have flashlights and it’s really fun to watch.
I’m glad my kids love stuff like this…I’m sure I have many more performances ahead of me.

2 comments:
We missed this last year when Ryan was supposed to be in it. Now I am a little bit disappointed. We just could not make it with all the other craziness of that particular day.
That is so great - see, I need to live in Utah so my kids can do stuff like this. You wouldn't see anything this pro-American in Seattle.
Sigh. Great photos!
Post a Comment