CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

4th grade program and Narnia


Yesterday was the twins' 4th grade program. They both did an awesome job and sang their little hearts out! I'm gonna miss it when they are older and don't do these little end of the year things anymore. There were some fun songs and a few more serious songs. Jason got to be UTAH county in the county song--that was fun. He got to stand up at the end when everyone else was sitting down. I'm amazed that they know all the counties in Utah now--I don't think I've ever known all the counties in any of the states I've lived in. The picture to the left Em is in the pink striped sweater in the middle.

After they finished with their program we went to their classrooms to see their portfolios and take pics with the teacher of course. :) Emily has two teachers this year and they each teach half a day, Jason had a first year teacher and I was pleasantly surprised how good she was. Jason showed me this cool power point he made and Emily showed me her human body with all the organs etc that they made. She was really proud of it. I love seeing all the things that they do in school.

I have to admit I'm torn about school being out in only a few days. I will look forward to not having to wake up, but I'm worried about keeping everyone busy and happy so that we aren't all fighting all the time. Fighting seems to be their new favorite past time. So, if anyone has any ideas to help keep kids from fighting PLEASE SHARE!!!!!!

After we finished at school since Daddy was already home we decided to go see Prince Caspian- the new Narnia movie. There was only one other family in the theater with us at that time of day. Thankfully Liam slept through the first half of the movie in spite of the loudness of the action going on. The movie was good. I was glad I didn't read the book again before seeing it though because I hate when they change things from a book for the movie, but since it's been so long since I read it I couldn't remember exactly how it went in the book. Jason said it was a lot different than the book and told me the differences, but I didn't really care. I thought it was still good. Our family loves the whole series of Narnia books and we were excited when they started making them into movies. I'm glad they are keeping to the stories so well so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous

Do your kids have school next week? I want to take my kids to see that movie. Cute kids. Fun programs.

The MacQueens

Glad you enjoyed Narnia. We saw it & loved it! For the first Narnia movie that came out, we read the book first & then saw the movie. It was a little anti-climactic because the kids already knew what was going to happen. This time we saw the movie first & we'll probably read the book over the summer.