CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Colds

Emily and Liam both have colds (I think Daddy might be getting one too).  All day I've been trying to keep Liam's nose clean so he doesn't wipe snot all over the house.  It's been a near impossible job.  As he's sitting on my lap I'll feel wetness on my arm and ask him what he's doing and he replies, "nose".  I tell him to use a tissue each time he tries to wipe his nose on his arm, hand or sleeve.  It's just easier that way than to find a tissue.  I put tissue in his pocket and told him he could use that to wipe his nose, but he just shreds it into little bits and drops it on the floor.  It's gonna be a long winter like this.  He seems fine other than his runny nose and that he can't sleep (because when he lays down it's a stuffy nose) though so I guess that's okay. 

Em's poor nose is already red and I headed to the store tonight to buy cold syrup, cough drops, vitamin C, and soft tissue.  Having a cold is expensive!  Hopefully Liam will be okay since he can't really take any medication.  I'm also holding out a hope that the rest of us can dodge this somehow...I know it's unrealistic, but I can hope anyway.  I should probably gag down some of that airborne stuff or something.  Hopefully we'll be outwardly healthy enough for our family pictures to turn out on Friday. 

3 comments:

David and Jana

good luck!! colds are yucky. I hope everyone feels better soon!

The Bartons

I had a cold/flu a week ago, Lili has a nasty cough and Charlotte has an ear infection and a runny nose. Welcome to the club. I can't wait for the ACTUAL cold season to get here!!!

Amberly

Bummer, colds are the worst. Have you ever used Mentholatum on ouchy noses? It helps heal the chapped skin and then essential oils in it help clear out sinuses and lungs. It's a total grandma thing but it helps me. I hope your pictures look great, can't wait to see them.