CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Quote

We had Ward conference in our ward today.  It's essentially the same as any other Sunday except that the Stake Leaders visit our ward and give some of the lessons/talks. 

In Sacrament meeting our Bishop spoke.  He used this quote and it really hit me...I'm going to have to do some serious reevaluating according to this quote.  Read it and tell me what you think.

"Our observance or nonobservance of the Sabbath is an unerring measure of our attitude toward the Lord personally and toward his suffering in Gethsemane, his death on the cross, and his resurrection from the dead.  It is a sign of whether we are Christians in very deed, or whether our conversion is so shallow that commemoration of his atoning sacrifice means little or nothing to us."

—Mark E. Petersen, "The Sabbath Day," Ensign, May 1975, 47

4 comments:

Home of the Muddy Kids

That really is worth pondering. Thank you for sharing that!

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL

This was read in our recent stake conference and I've been thinking a lot about it. Being on time to church was included in the address and I am SO struggling with that now that our family has suddenly grown and church is early. Yesterday was the first time we made it into our seats on time in weeks, maybe even months. I'm glad you shared the quote here so I can be reminded Monday about it rather than remembering as we're running out the door Sunday morning feeling guilty! I think my goal this week will be to lay out our clothes Saturday night.

Kristin

Wow. That hits kind of hard. I don't always do as well as I should. I was just called as YW president so I'm busier now doing Church stuff on Sunday. I do know that the period of time where I made the worst decisions all started with not keeping the Sabbath Day the way I should.

Amberly

That is a serious quote. I love it though. Thanks for sharing.