CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 02, 2009

Embarassing your kids

Today we celebrated the 30th year of the twins' school being opened. To celebrate they had a "Larsen Idol" type assembly where each performance was based on a decade. The women teachers did the 70's, the PTA did the 80's, the student council did the 90's and the principal and two male teachers did the 2000's. I was lucky enough to be involved in the PTA part and it was lots of fun even if it was pretty embarassing--for my kids and me too. I enlisted the help of my friends Tami and Felicia to help me put together a great outfit, and Felicia did my hair and makeup. Boy did it bring back memories...if you are lucky enough to live near me you might be able to catch the whole assembly on TV on the NET--yep, they came and recorded us. So, enjoy a laugh on me! Have a great day!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jill Marie, Angela and Mindi

Jen you look amazing! I will have to try and catch it on TV! Felicia and Tami did a great job! WOW, you can pull off the 80's like nobody I know!!! Seems like a fun activity!

David and Jana

Oh yeah!!! I love it! Good thing you took pictures!
Recently had Adam needed to change shirts for his soccer game and we were standing in a crowd of people on the field. Nobody was watching. But he protested and then did it and said quietly, "Mom, you're embarrassing me."
That was my first time. I was just embarrassed that he said that.

Kristin

Awesome! I loved the 80's!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts

Jen, you look hot!
Nothing like embarrassing your kids - I can't wait to do it!

Amberly

You look totally rad! Like, where did you like get that rad purple bow? Like, I want one.