CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dinner Deliciousness

Yesterday I made BBQ Chicken Braid for dinner.  It was REALLY yummy and everyone in my family ate it    including the 2 year old who rarely eats well at dinner. IMG_0075 I used the recipe for BBQ sauce found here (both recipes are from the same site).  I am not kidding when I say I have yet to make anything from Mel’s kitchen cafe blog that hasn’t been super delicious.  If you are ever in need of ideas or recipes go there and whatever you make will be awesome! 

The recipe makes two braids.  My first one I made on the counter because I don’t have a silpat like she uses.  The problem with that was it was really hard to transfer it to the baking sheet.  It was also hard because I rolled the dough out a bit too thin (so learn from my mistakes).  The second one I rolled out on a piece of foil so it would be easy to just set the foil on the pan.  It looked much nicer.  In fact, when I pulled it out of the oven and was gloating over how great it looked IMG_0072 my kids told me I needed to take a picture.   Something tells me that when your kids TELL you to take pictures of food you know you are a blogger.  Before they always asked me why I was taking pictures of food, but not anymore now they even remind me to take pictures when I forget!  

Tonight I’m making the fajitas recipe from Mel’s kitchen cafe.  They are really good too.  Seriously, you need to check out her recipes! 

2 comments:

David and Jana

I need to try the bbq chicken braid. Such a good idea! I do look at her site and the sisters cafe, too. Love it!
Thats a great picture by the way, and its huge!

Ixchelle

I made this tonight and boy was it a hit!!! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe and giving me another yummy recioe to try!